Do you want to have better communication with the people in your life? The ability to communicate is an essential skill in today's world. Good communication is key to all relationships and it starts with 5 simple things:
1. Listen to learn; not to judge
Avoid criticism, name calling and diagnosing.
2. Pay attention to the person speaking
Look at the person speaking and put away electronic devices.
3. Use language relevant to the person you are speaking to
Avoid technical terms that are not relevant to the person
4. Only offer advice when asked
Some people would like to come to a solution on their own.
5. Address the concerns of the speaker
Take the person's concerns into account.
Another important aspect of good communication is body language. Facial expressions, gestures and posture speak volumes. Nonverbal cues can be just as important as verbal expression. If you want better communication, go ahead and try these 5 simple things!