If you read my latest blog post, you read about the importance of knowing your fears, facing them, and working though them. Below are the top 12 fears that most people experience. Take a look and ask yourself- Are you living and making decisions to avoid one of these fears?
- Fear Of FailureThis type of fear has its roots in the misconception that everything you do has to be 100% successful.
- Fear Of SuccessThis type of fear is based on the idea that success is likely to mean more responsibility and attention, coupled with pressure to continue to perform at a high level.
- Fear Of Being JudgedThis type of fear comes from the need for approval that most people develop in childhood.
- Fear Of Emotional PainThis type of fear is rooted in wanting to avoid potential negative consequences of your actions.
- Fear Of EmbarrassmentThis type of fear is a result of empowering others to judge you when you demonstrate that you’re only human by making mistakes and having lapses of judgment.
- Fear Of Being Abandoned Or Being AloneThis type of fear is related to rejection and low self-esteem.
- Fear Of RejectionThis type of fear comes from personalizing what others do and say.
- Fear Of Expressing Your True FeelingsThis type of fear holds you back from engaging in open, honest dialogue with the people in your life.
- Fear Of IntimacyThis type of fear manifests itself by an unwillingness to let others get too close, less they discover the “real you.”
- Fear Of The UnknownThis type of fear manifests itself as needless worry about all of the bad things that could happen if you decide to make a change in your life.
- Fear Of LossThis type of fear is related to the potential pain associated with no longer having something or someone of emotional significance to you.
- Fear Of DeathThe ultimate fear of the unknown. What will happen once our spirits leave our bodies?