Therapists in Austin
Anxiety, depression, stress and other mental health concerns can affect anyone at any stage in life. Even people living in the amazing city of Austin, Texas, can struggle with persistent sadness, excessive worrying and other challenging thoughts and feelings. If you’re living in Austin and wondering if it’s time to finally reach out for help — we hear you, and we’re here for you.
At Taylor Counseling Group, our compassionate, highly trained counselors are ready to listen to your unique story. We use evidence-based techniques and a collaborative approach to help our clients grow, transform and achieve improved mental health.
Book your appointment today to take the first step toward a more satisfying life.
Find A Therapist
Joy Lawson, MA, LPC
Cedar ParkView Profile
Schedule A Therapy SessionBook Online
Why Seek Counseling in Austin?
Mental health is a crucial component of overall well-being. How you think and feel affects how you behave and make decisions — so it’s easy to see the impact poor mental health can make.
Mental health issues are common in the United States, Texas included. They may stem from childhood trauma, genetics, lifestyle choices, stressful transitions or a combination of factors.
The good news is you can improve your mental health, regardless of your history or current situation. Counseling is an effective method for addressing any mental health issue that’s holding you back from a happy life.
With a counselor’s guidance and support, you may work on any of the following:
- Strengthening your ability to regulate emotions and manage stress
- Identifying and changing negative thinking patterns and behaviors
- Gaining clarity on your mental health needs and setting realistic goals to achieve well-being
- Discovering your authentic self and feeling empowered to live your dreams
- Building communication skills to improve your relationships
- Understanding and reducing symptoms of anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health disorders
- Exploring trauma in a safe, nonjudgmental space to promote lasting healing
You and your counselor will work together to pinpoint your needs and create an individualized treatment plan.
Why Choose One of Our Counselors?
We’re passionate about mental health and providing affordable, high-quality counseling in Austin and other locations throughout Texas. Everyone should have access to premium mental health services, regardless of background and income level.
With us, you can expect the following:
- Affordable counseling sessions: Seeking help for mental health issues should not be unrealistic financially. We strive to ensure counseling is affordable for our clients and offer various ways to pay, including an Affordable Care Program.
- Insurance We also accept most major insurance plans.
- Easy online scheduling: We understand it can be challenging to make that initial appointment. We make it as easy as possible to take the first step. Through our client portal, you can book an appointment with your preferred counselor online, 24/7.
- Option to meet virtually or in person: Do you prefer the convenience of virtual therapy sessions? Or do you want to meet with your counselor in person? No matter your preference, we can accommodate you.
- Nonjudgmental, safe environment: We offer a welcoming, comforting environment to promote an open discussion of anything that’s on your mind. We aim to support you on your journey to health and happiness.
Types of Therapy We Offer in Austin
Mental health consists of many aspects, including your inner world and relationships with others. We offer several types of therapy to meet all of your mental health needs, such as:
- Individual counseling: With individual counseling, you’ll work closely with your counselor in a supportive, private setting. You’ll explore whatever’s troubling you and work together to find solutions and a path forward. Whether you need help managing stress, getting through a difficult transition, building self-esteem or reducing symptoms of a mental health disorder, individual counseling can help.
- Couples counseling: Your relationships play a vital role in your mental health. We offer couples counseling to help clients and their partners resolve conflicts, improve communication and achieve happiness together. During couples counseling, you and your partner will have an opportunity to express your concerns and needs in a neutral, respectful environment.
- Family counseling: Families can face a range of challenges, including substance use issues, unresolved conflicts and poor communication. We also provide family counseling to solve problems and improve family dynamics.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Life can be hard, whether you live in Austin or anywhere else. Supportive, caring counselors are available to help you make sense of it all and begin each day with a sense of hope.
Schedule a counseling session today at our Cedar Park office. It’s never too late to reach out.